The Grand Hotel Birmingham
The renovated Grand Hotel, housed in one of Birmingham’s most famous buildings located on the city’s prestigious Colmore Row, will once again open its doors to the public in the summer of 2020, following an extensive and details restoration to return the city centre landmark to its former glory.
Featuring 185 bedrooms and extraordinary suites, an outdoor terrace, glamorous new bars and a vibrant destination restaurant – as well as the magnificent centrepiece that is the Grosvenor Room, this property is set to capture the imagination of the city. The hotel will also have a number of state-of-the-art, inspirational rooms and space for meetings and events of all sizes.
Main Purpose of the Role
Working closely with the Exec Head Chef, you’ll be responsible for the day to day leadership and management of a brand new, vibrant and dynamic, 100 cover restaurant. We want this restaurant to truly sing – it needs to stand out from the Birmingham food scene. So you’ll need to be on your game with ensuring the quality of your kitchen operation is second to none, that the food turned out is exceptional, to build a rapidly flourishing reputation.
You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with and support the Exec Head Chef in developing menus and agreeing concepts, as you’ll be fully engaged with contributing creative ideas to launch and establish the restaurant as one of the most exciting food concepts to hit Birmingham.
As a senior member of the hotel team, you’ll have responsibility for achieving stretching budgets and KPIs, making sure your kitchen is efficient and high performing. You’ll be a natural coach, developing your team to maximise their potential and expand their skills. Working closely with your team, you’ll establish a strong, healthy kitchen culture that’s built for success.
Key skills and responsibilities:
• Previous experience as Head Chef in a 4* or 5* hotel or venue
• Experience of working and leading in a dynamic kitchen department / environment
• A passion to grow and develop your kitchen brigade
• A consistent track record of managing and developing the food offering in different businesses, delivering KPI’s
• Full understanding of stock management and recipe creation in a safe kitchen environment
• Strong organisational and project management skills
• Personality and flair with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively at all levels both internally and with our guests
• You should also be commercially aware, financially astute and able to create business plans to drive sales and profitability.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the launch of this exclusive hotel and establishing The Grand Hotel as Birmingham’s most iconic venue. We also offer a competitive package and benefits that include:
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays
- Access to our benefits portal, including discounts on some travel, leisure, health and retail
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards
- Excellent training and development opportunities
In line with the Asylum & Immigration Act, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.