The Grand Hotel Birmingham
The renovated Grand Hotel, housed in one of Birmingham’s most famous buildings located on the city’s prestigious Colmore Row, will once again open its doors to the public in the summer of 2020, following an extensive and details restoration to return the city centre landmark to its former glory.
Featuring 185 bedrooms and extraordinary suites, an outdoor terrace, glamorous new bars and a vibrant destination restaurant – as well as the magnificent centrepiece that is the Grosvenor Room, this property is set to capture the imagination of the city. The hotel will also have a number of state-of-the-art, inspirational rooms and space for meetings and events of all sizes.
Banqueting Sales Manager
As a key member of the hotel’s Sales team, you will actively take the lead in commercially establishing this brand new property with its stand out feature, the Grosvenor ballroom within the Birmingham banqueting market.
Through proactive selling and effectively converting enquiries into sales, the Banqueting Sales Manager will drive the growth of the Conference & Banqueting business and deliver the budgeted sales revenue for the property. Conducting face to face sales appointments to ensure all key business opportunities are identified and exploited, you’ll also support key accounts.
Through your in-depth knowledge of the hotel, its facilities and this unique offering, you will ensure the potential of the venue is maximised and the monthly budget achieved.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is keen on being in a highly visible role, with the passion to continually improve standards and really make their mark as part of this exciting journey.
What you’ll bring to the role
• Sales experience with a track record of sales achievement within the Banqueting or Events sector
• Experience within the Birmingham market would be an advantage
• A thorough understanding of the channels to market to create revenue opportunities
• A high degree of commercial awareness and be able to understand the links between sales and profit
• Excellent communication skills and an entrepreneurial way of working in order to attract new clients
• Ideally you’ll have an understanding of Opera and Sales Force (or similar)
• Naturally confident and highly driven with an ambitious nature
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the launch of this exclusive hotel and establishing The Grand Hotel as Birmingham’s most iconic venue. We also offer a competitive package and benefits that include:
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays
- Access to our benefits portal, including discounts on some travel, leisure, health and retail
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards
- Excellent training and development opportunities
In line with the Asylum & Immigration Act, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.