The Grand Hotel Birmingham
The renovated Grand Hotel, housed in one of Birmingham’s most famous buildings located on the city’s prestigious Colmore Row, will once again open its doors to the public in the summer of 2020, following an extensive and details restoration to return the city centre landmark to its former glory.
Featuring 185 bedrooms and extraordinary suites, an outdoor terrace, glamorous new bars and a vibrant destination restaurant – as well as the magnificent centrepiece that is the Grosvenor Room, this property is set to capture the imagination of the city. The hotel will also have a number of state-of-the-art, inspirational rooms and space for meetings and events of all sizes.
In this role you are directly accountable for the day to day revenue management and delivering the budgeted revenue results at the property. In conjunction with the hotel general manager and the revenue and conference team, you’re responsible for setting the pricing and selling strategy of the hotel as well as ensuring that there are appropriate pricing strategies for all market segments allowing the property to maximize profitability.
What are we looking for?
• Previous experience within a similar role of a high quality deluxe city centre hotels with meeting and events facilities
• A high degree of commercial acumen and profit generation
• Excellent people / communication skills and experience working with Opera
• Extensive Excel skills and other data analysis tools e.g. SQL
• A solid understanding of ecommerce and distribution solutions
• Persuasive and assertive in communication and negotiations
• Able to present situations logically and face up to and resolve conflicts or criticism
• Has a strong impact in own areas of accountability and strong impact around the business by being visible and self-confident
• Confident in communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally. Is honest and thoughtful in communication – pitches information at the appropriate level
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the launch of this exclusive hotel and establishing The Grand Hotel as Birmingham’s most iconic venue. We also offer a competitive package and benefits that include:
- A competitive salary
- 33 days holiday each year, including bank holidays
- Access to our benefits portal, including discounts on some travel, leisure, health and retail
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards
- Excellent training and development opportunities
In line with the Asylum & Immigration Act, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.