The Grand Hotel Birmingham
The renovated Grand Hotel, housed in one of Birmingham’s most famous buildings located on the city’s prestigious Colmore Row, will once again open its doors to the public in the summer of 2020, following an extensive and details restoration to return the city centre landmark to its former glory.
Featuring 185 bedrooms and extraordinary suites, an outdoor terrace, glamorous new bars and a vibrant destination restaurant – as well as the magnificent centrepiece that is the Grosvenor Room, this property is set to capture the imagination of the city. The hotel will also have a number of state-of-the-art, inspirational rooms and space for meetings and events of all sizes.
Main Purpose of the role:
We're serious about the future of our business and know that bars are central to our customer's overall hotel experience. It's why we've been investing across our hotels and venues, developing our bars to be vibrant, casual drinking establishments underpinned by fantastic service.
As Bar Manager, you are responsible for managing the day to day activities for your department, ensuring fantastic bar and beverage experiences for all our guests. You will monitor and review monthly sales performance, productivity, quality, service and merchandising, whilst leading, training and developing the performance of your team. You'll ensure your bar department achieves its potential in sales and profitability for the business.
The ideal candidate:
You'll have a natural flair for excellent customer service, but will also have strong leadership skills and strong interpersonal qualities that mean you can interact with all levels of colleagues. You'll be experienced with working in a bars environment, have a real eye for detail and be upbeat and positive in attitude. This role is for someone with a genuine passion for delivering fantastic customer service, again and again. You'll have:
• Experience of working and managing bars in a dynamic environment
• A passion to grow and develop your team
• Strong organisational and project management skills
• Real attention to detail to maintain the highest of standards
• Strong communication skills, able to collaborate effectively at all levels both internally and with our guests
• Commercial awareness, astute financial skills, ability to create business plans to drive sales and profitability.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the launch of this exclusive hotel and establishing The Grand Hotel as Birmingham’s most iconic venue. We also offer a competitive package and benefits that include:
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays
- Access to our benefits portal, including discounts on some travel, leisure, health and retail
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards
- Excellent training and development opportunities
In line with the Asylum & Immigration Act, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.