The Grand Hotel Birmingham
The renovated Grand Hotel, housed in one of Birmingham’s most famous buildings located on the city’s prestigious Colmore Row, will once again open its doors to the public in the summer of 2020, following an extensive and details restoration to return the city centre landmark to its former glory.
Featuring 185 bedrooms and extraordinary suites, an outdoor terrace, glamorous new bars and a vibrant destination restaurant – as well as the magnificent centrepiece that is the Grosvenor Room, this property is set to capture the imagination of the city. The hotel will also have a number of state-of-the-art, inspirational rooms and space for meetings and events of all sizes.
Main Purpose of the Role
We’re recruiting teams from scratch and are looking for an exceptional Restaurant Manager to be at the forefront of this spectacular hotel. As a key member of the hotel management, you’ll lead the launch of the restaurant, which will be a buzzing, exciting, concept led proposition that truly stands out in the Birmingham restaurant market.
Leading the front of house function, you’ll take a hands on approach in recruiting and training your team, developing SOPs and management processes and procedures. You’ll have a commercial and creative mind, ensuring a dynamic restaurant culture is embedded in the hotel that operates as a viable and lucrative business within a business.
You’ll be fully responsible and accountable for the restaurant: you’ll develop and coach your restaurant team, have strong organisational skills to lead and inspire this dynamic department, deliver solid commercial results, and have a keen eye for detail that really drives quality and standards throughout.
We’re on the lookout for outstanding hospitality professionals whose talents and ambitions will drive them to not only ensure guest expectations are exceeded, but to also propel their own career potential with us.
Key skills and responsibilities:
• Previous management experience in a 4* or 5* hotel or venue
• Experience of working and leading in a dynamic restaurant department / environment
• A passion to grow and develop your team
• Strong organisational and project management skills
• Personality and flair with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively at all levels both internally and with our guests
• You should also be commercially aware, financially astute and able to create business plans to drive sales and profitability.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the launch of this exclusive hotel and establishing The Grand Hotel as Birmingham’s most iconic venue. We also offer a competitive package and benefits that include:
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays
- Access to our benefits portal, including discounts on some travel, leisure, health and retail
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards
- Excellent training and development opportunities
In line with the Asylum & Immigration Act, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.